The live event market totals $150 billion worldwide and $60 billion in the U.S. including everything from live sports events, concerts, theme parks, and more...
WhY are events so important?
- Business-to-business (B2B) events industry revenue worldwide amounted to 30.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2016, up from 29.3 billion a year earlier. (Statista, 2018)
- US meetings generated $325 billion of direct spending and $845 billion in business sales in 2016. (Oxford Economics and Events Industry Council, 2018)
- International visitors generated a disproportionate share of travel spending (21.8%), including shopping (24.6%), recreation and entertainment (26.5%). (Oxford Economics and Events Industry Council, 2018)
- In-person events are the most effective form of content marketing for B2B marketers. (Content Marketing Institute, 2016)
- The projected growth for meeting, convention and event planners is expected to increase 11% in the USA between 2016-2026, faster than average. (The Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2018)
- The events industry in the USA provides over 5.9 million jobs. (Oxford Economics and Events Industry Council, 2018)
- Most event planners (89%) love their career in the event industry. Less than 10% felt indifferent and less than 2% said they didn’t love their career. (EventMB, 2018). Graph available.